The Fieldfare LEADER Project
What does the Fieldfare LEADER project aim to achieve?
By supporting eligible farmers, foresters, growers, small businesses, tourism operators and the rural communities of East Hampshire and Winchester, the LAG aims to:
- facilitate agricultural and forestry/woodland business development and diversification
- support the regeneration of rural communities
- develop a quality rural tourism offer
- provide enterprise and skills development for small rural businesses
- enhance the value of the physical environment
Is your project located in our LEADER area?
The Fieldfare LEADER area includes the whole of the local authority districts of Winchester and East Hampshire, excluding the urban areas of Winchester City, Petersfield, Alton, Whitehill-Bordon and Horndean. Download the map on the right hand side of this page for the Fieldfare area boundary.
When is the grant available?
Our funding allocation has now been fully committed and we are no longer accepting applications.
What difference did we make?
- modernise and diversify farms
- add value to farming and forestry products
- improve woodlands and make them more accessible
- fund renewable energy projects
- fund equipment
- improve your tourist accommodation
- preserve, protect and enhance the historic landscape and buildings
- improve your village
How much grant aid support can I apply for?
We have fully committed our grant budget. For Details of other RDPE funding please contact DEFRA.
Who have we helped so far?
Since April 2009, we have helped people to :
- start up rural businesses
- develop their existing rural business
- improve a village square
- provide vital IT equipment in a local community centre
- diversify and add value to their food products
- buy newer equipment
- pay for energy efficient heating in their new hall
- refurbish a village hall
You can get more information on RDPE funded projects across England.