The Winchester & East Hampshire LEADER Project (2007-2013)
What did the Winchester & East Hampshire LEADER project aim to achieve?
By supporting eligible farmers, foresters, growers, small businesses, tourism operators and the rural communities of East Hampshire and Winchester, the LEADER project supported the following activities:
- facilitate agricultural and forestry/woodland business development and diversification
- support the regeneration of rural communities
- develop a quality rural tourism offer
- provide enterprise and skills development for small rural businesses
- enhance the value of the physical environment
Is your project located in our LEADER area?
The Fieldfare LEADER area included the whole of the local authority districts of Winchester and East Hampshire, excluding the urban areas of Winchester City, Petersfield, Alton, Whitehill-Bordon and Horndean. A new map is coming soon showing the new areas that we will cover for the next LEADER project (2015-2021)
What difference did we make?
- modernise and diversify farms
- add value to farming and forestry products
- improve woodlands and make them more accessible
- fund renewable energy projects
- fund equipment
- improve your tourist accommodation
- preserve, protect and enhance the historic landscape and buildings
- improve your village
Who did we help?
The project went live in April 2009, we helped people to :
- start up rural businesses
- develop their existing rural business
- improve a village square
- provide vital IT equipment in a local community centre
- diversify and add value to their food products
- buy newer equipment
- pay for energy efficient heating in their new hall
- refurbish a village hall
Information on RDPE funded projects across England.